PLIP is Extended Personal Legal
Liability which covers you for:
Loss/damage due to an accident at
your home, with your car, at your place of work or on your boat.
Loss/damage resulting from contracts.
Financial losses due to incorrect
Wrongful arrest and/or imprisonment.
Liability resulting from the
possession or use of firearms.
Liability resulting from animals in
your care - not only cats & dogs (ie. when your pet monkey bites the child of an
Extras that PLIP
- It offers worldwide cover.
- All members of your family who
normally live with you are covered by PLIP.
- Domestic workers on your premises are
also covered, for example when a gardener hurts himself falling from a ladder.
How much does PLIP
- R10 a month for cover of R10 000 000.
- Or R15 a month for cover of R20 000
- Once you've paid your first premium,
you immediately enjoy FULL cover!
Here's a few
examples of PLIP claims:
- You arrive home to discover your
house has been burgled. You raise the alarm and your armed response security company
is on the scene within minutes. In the ensuing chaos, your neighbour is
accidentally shot and wounded. Your contract with the security company states that you are
legally liable for the shooting. Suddenly, you're faced with a claim of millions of
rands. You take the case to court and lose - YOU have to pay!
- You're showing your friend your new
handgun when it accidentally discharges and he is crippled for life.
- You have an accident with your car
and your passenger is paralyzed.
- Financial advice given to a friend in
a personal capacity results in losses.