Who Is SAIA?
The South African Insurance Association ("SAIA")
, represents almost all of the short-term insurance companies and is authorised to negotiate on their behalf. It has 51 members, with a chairman and deputy-chairman elected from its Board, which governs the Association.
The SAIA members abide by a Code of Conduct.
The SAIA supports Business Against Crime and the SAPS in combating crime, through participation in initiatives such as the Parts Marking Project and the National Vehicle Database and by donating mobile police stations. The SAIA is also a member of Business South Africa and is represented on the Governing Body, the Standing Committees on Economic Policy and Social Policy as well as the Committee for Education and Training.
Core functions of the SAIA are:
- The representation of its members' interests to the public in a proactive manner.
- The representation of its members' interests to government at all levels.
- The provision of a forum for discussion of common interests in the short-term insurance industry.
- The facilitation of information flow among its members.
- Interaction with all associations operating within the insurance industry, both locally and abroad.
- The setting of appropriate technical standards for the industry.
Visit their website at www.saia.co.za for more information.